There once was a girl who worked kind of hard to be healthier and lose some weight. Then she stopped doing the things that were making her feel better and gained it all back, plus some more for good measure. (See what I did there…)
Okay, it’s me. The obvious question that comes up: “what did you do to lose the weight? Why don’t you do that again?”
People can be so aggressive.
I guess I was kind of hoping someone would discover another trick besides all this dumb talk of diet and exercise. But until then … I’m back on the green smoothie bandwagon.
(Warning: if this isn’t your normal way of eating, it’s gross at first. Your taste buds will adjust. Promise).
The Glowing Green Smoothie® Recipe
Author: Kimberly Snyder
Serves: 64 oz
- 1-2 cups very cold, filtered water
- ¾ pound organic romaine lettuce, rough chopped, about 1 head
- ½ head large bunch or small bunch organic spinach
- 3-4 organic celery stalks, halved
- 1 organic apple, cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 organic pear, cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 organic banana, peeled
- ½ fresh organic lemon, peeled, seeded
- bunch organic cilantro with stems (optional)
- bunch organic parsley with stems (optional)
- Place water, romaine, spinach, celery, and optional ingredients, if using, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Starting the blender on a low speed, blend until smooth.
- Gradually moving to higher speeds Add apple, pear, banana and lemon to the blender and blend until smooth.