I've always loved reading. Just recently though, I've re-started my reading a book I enjoybefore bed instead of a book about how to convince kids to eat kale or how to potty train or how to manage money so there is some left after paying bills. I much prefer reading for pleasure, I have Google for the rest.
My reading habits have changed since having kids, if you can believe it. Now I have books in several parts of the house to pick up and read when opportunity strikes. I used to stick with just the one book start to finish but now I'm adjusting to the ADD that comes with motherhood.
Currently, I'm reading:
- The Egg and I by Betty McDonald (bedroom)
- Get Known Before the Book Deal by Christina Katz (office)
- Make your Creative Dreams Real by SARK (living room)
- Super Baby Foods by Ruth Yaron (kitchen)
- The Potty Train: Chugga Chugga Poo Poo by David Hochman (living room)
- Just Say Please by Mercer Mayer (Jake's room)
- Pirates Don't Change Diapers by Melinda Long (bedroom)
- I Dream of Trains by Angela Johnson (bedroom)
Our new favorite show is "Chuggington" and I have added digital video recording to my list of things I'm thankful for since the show is on before 6 a.m. Longer, more thoughtful, post to follow if I manage to coordinate simultaneous naps.